Going through newspapers and reading stuff about the recovery rates of COVID patients can be very encouraging. It provides assurance that things are going back to normal… But are they really?
Post-COVID syndrome also referred to as Long COVID is widely spreading across the nation. Recently hospitals saw a spike in cases solely related to it. For instance, Odisha is fighting a battle with Post COVID syndrome.
Worried? Anxious reading the horror caused by COVID? Today, we at Swayam Care share with you common Post COVID symptoms and their preventive measures.
Here is a list you must look out for in a person who had recently recovered but suffering these:
- Shortness of breath
- Prolonged Cough
- Lack of appetite and nausea
- Irregular heartbeat
- Fungal infections like Mycormycosis, Aspergillosis etc.
- Muscle pain
- Extreme sweating
- Drop in oxygen levels
These are the most common Post COVID symptoms and looked out for.
HEART AT HIGHER RISK?
Recent studies indicated that Post COVID syndrome poses a serious threat to the heart. It causes inflammation and patients are at 50% chances of heart related problems.
These days names like white, black and yellow fungus are in Vogue. But little do people know about it. Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and other states are battling with them. But why do we refer them as black white or yellow. It is basically named due to the colour of secretions they produce in the patients. For instance a person suffering from white fungus may have some body parts affected leading to discharge of white pus, hence leading to its naming. Similarly yellow pus for yellow fungus and so on. Lack of cleanliness and hygiene are the leading causes of fungal growth. In humans specifically high glucose levels may lead to fungal uprising. Fungal attacks may be common in post COVID complications. People must look out for signs like acute fatigue, dizziness, slowed healing process. Patients suffering from diabetes must get sugar levels checked at all times.
Common Do’s and Don’t’s
WHO states that incubation period lasts for 10-14 days, sometimes for more than 20 days upto 45 days.
- Some Doctors reported that patients with Diabetes, Blood pressure leave their treatments with a thought that they have been significantly reduced due to COVID recovery. It’s a myth. Remember get regular check-ups and maintain healthy lifestyle.
- Remain hydrated and consume plenty of fluids.
- Perform Yoga, breathing exercises to strengthen lungs and respiratory system.
- Look out for drop in oxygen levels. Always keep Oximeter close to you during these times. Pulse Oximeter by Swayam Care is Made In India, affordable and has a button operation. It also has low power consumption with a battery indicator. It measures three parameters Body Temperature, Oxygen Saturation and Heart Rate. In addition, our oximeter can be used on all ages, from infants to adults. One Oximeter for all ages. It’s an absolute win-win.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages, oily food stuff. Eat healthy and try to exercise on daily basis.
- Take pain killers if needed
- Usage of ice packs to relieve any swelling.
- Don’t panic and stay positive in your approach.
- Wear masks even if you have to visit short distances.
Fight with COVID is a long battle. People need to be rigorous in their approach and maintain healthy lifestyle. Remember to be educated and educate others. Spreading of false rumors leads to unnecessary panic within masses and weakens our battles. Get vaccinated as soon as possible because it will reduce your chances of getting infected. Help others who are in a dire need. Without the overall community support nothing is possible.
“Coming together is a beginning,
Keeping together is a progress,
Working together is success “